Friday, August 03, 2007

Say hello to hiatus

You might be thinking that after the four-month gap in dispatches from the Capital earlier this year, I would not need a holiday. And perhaps I don't, but I'm on one anyway and I couldn't be happier.

I'm spending August in British Columbia and the Yukon, with stops in Vancouver, Whitehorse and Smithers, the little town that could. And did. For me, anyway. I lived in Smithers for almost four years, during which time I often thought about starting a blog or a zine, the printed precursor of sorts to blogs (for those of you born post-1990). I think "Queer Cut" or "Northern Light" would have been appropriate monikers, but alas, it was not to be. Only in Ottawa was my inner-blogger freed to roam the city.

In September, I will be back in Ottawa, but not to work on Parliament Hill. I still don't know how I will ever get over not seeing Stockwell Day in the elevator on some mornings. Instead, I'll be a grad student at Carleton, which should leave me ample time to continue my exploits in that most sedate of Capitals. Here's hoping you will keep reading.

- Matt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home