Sunday, March 30, 2008

The saga of Somerset Street


Those of us who live in the neighbourhood, and even those who don't, will recall the closure of the Bank and Somerset streets intersection last fall due to a partial collapse of Somerset House, the heritage building on the southeast corner.

Throughout the nine-week closure, I wondered to myself how much it was costing the city to keep the intersection closed. Well, in January I filed a Freedom of Information request and what I got in return helped me write this.

On an unrelated note, mega props to the women and men behind last night's Promdemonium. This is the type of event that Ottawa so desperately needs, which is why I'm hoping the organizers do it again soon (ie - please don't wait an entire year!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home