Thursday, May 22, 2008

The man behind the road

On Saturday, the man many people called the "Father of Nepean" died at the age of 99. His funeral yesterday drew hundreds, including yours truly.

(For readers further afield than the Capital, Nepean is the municipality that bordered the City of Ottawa to the west until amalgamation in 2000 made it a part of the city. A city that, much to chagrin of many residents in the various burroughs, was decided left with the name Ottawa.)

In other news, I may be the last person in the Canadian blogosphere (there, I used the word) to note this, but because I haven't heard much talk of it, I thought it appropriate to raise it here, as a matter of interest for you. And for me, because blogs are sadly, inherently, 2:1 self-interest/public interest.

Lorne Gunter from the National Post recently wrote that the mother of the Polish man who died after being tasered by RCMP at the Vancouver International Airport last fall should bear some responsibility in her son's death. Yes, I agree, it's unreal. And the Maclean's Megapundit lets Gunter have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home