Thursday, April 24, 2008

Further considerations

Not surprising, the story of Nadia Kajouji and the responsibility of Carleton University to inform - or not inform - her family isn't going away quickly. This morning's Globe and Mail had two separate pieces on the subject - Judith Timson's column and a story by Tralee Pearce.

In yesterday's post, I was clear in my assertion that the university had a responsibility to inform the family, but I may be convinced otherwise. In the Pearce article, she quotes a mental health legal expert who suggests that high privacy standards are particularly important in mental health cases because of the social stigma surrounding mental health issues. It's an interesting perspective and one I'll have to give more consideration to in the coming days.

Now, I would be re-miss if I didn't make a mention of the weather as of late. After such a long winter, Ottawa has been blessed recently with a string or warm, sunny days. It's enough to melt away any memory of all that shovelling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home